I'm still alive and cooking...even though my posting habits suggest otherwise. My life has been insane as of late, so posting on this lovely blog has been put to the back burner. Plus I haven't had much to write about. Starting college kind of takes a toll on cooking habits, surprisingly enough. My diet has consisted of excessive amounts of cereal, smoothies, and quesadillas.
In honor of my cereal obsession, I'd like to share a few of my favorites:
Honey Bunches of Oats. Not with almonds. Not with yucky dehydrated fruit. Just the straight up goodness of oat clusters and flakes. Fresh raspberries and sliced bananas make it extra delectable.
Honey Bunches of Oats - Cinnamon Cluster style. A delightful variation of the traditional honey bunches.
Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Clusters + Cinnamon Life. Cinnamon-y and delightful. It tastes like fall and makes me excited to greet the crisp autumn air when I walk out of my apartment in the morning.
Cap'n Crunch. Best sugar-y cereal of all time. Yes, I know it tears up the roof of your mouth, but it's worth the pain.
Cheerios. A classic. But I hate the aftertaste of honeynut. Gag me.
Raisin Bran + Muesli + sliced bananas. I survived on this over the summer. Tasty with milk (like regular cereal) or yogurt. I occasionally throw in some Honey Bunches of Oats just for good measure. (are you noticing a trend? I should be getting paid to advertise for Honey Bunches).
I think this week I'll try Rice Krispies, Cheerios, and Honey Bunches with bananas.
What are your favorite kinds of cereal/cereal combinations?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I find Honeynut Cheerios to be gaggy as well. However, I LOVE drizzling honey over the top of my regular old Cheerios in milk. Ever tried it? It's delightful.
ReplyDeleteI too am a Honey Bunches lover. I have a separate bag of granola and I eat my Honey Bunches With Almonds + a whole lotta extra granola.
And last, but not least, I love me some Shredded Wheat - also with honey. And not Frosted Mini Wheat (though I do like that as well) But those gigantic chunks of Shredded Wheat that you have to break up yourself just to fit into the bowl. (Side note: it's way less appetizing if you let it get soggy.)
My Cap'n Crunch fetish has yet to strike this year. I'm shocked, actually.
ReplyDelete