Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rosemary Chicken


Two posts in one day?! Shocking, I know. My mom sent me some fresh rosemary and basil a while ago, and I've had a hard time figuring out what to use the rosemary for because I don't cook with it frequently. Tonight I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and whip up some chicken seasoned with rosemary. I'm pleased to report that the result was positively divine! It was pretty similar to your standard parmesan chicken, but it was a lovely variation. Here's roughly how I made it:

2 breasts chicken
Bread crumbs (a few tablespoons)
Parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons...about half as much cheese as bread crumbs)
Onion soup mix (about 2 teaspoons)
Rosemary leaves

Mix bread crumbs, parmesan, onion soup mix, and half the rosemary leaves in a bowl. Dip the chicken in an egg + water mixture. Cover chicken with bread crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet (covered in foil for easy clean up), and top with remaining rosemary. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (My chicken was frozen, so adjust bake time if you're using thawed chicken).

No comments:

Post a Comment